The Speech Processing Courses in Crete (SPCC) are targeting to teach graduate students and researchers the latest advancements of speech processing covering theory, hands on, and establishing contacts between the academics and industry. The school will provide the chance to students and professionals to meet world leaders in speech technology, exchanging ideas, sharing experiences and vision.
This is the first(!) ISCA Summer School and it is co-organized with the University of Crete, Greece. It is also sponsored by Toshiba and Google. We thank our sponsors for their support.
For 2014, the school aims to cover the following areas:
- Speech Production and Modelling
- Voice Pathology
- Speech Intelligibility and Hearing Aids
- Statistical Spoken Dialogue Systems
- Distant Speech Recognition
Because of an unexpected change in the initial program, instead of Mechanism of Hearing, the School will cover the topic of Voice Pathology (by Prof. Yannis Stylianou)
Awards and Travel SupportParticipants, if they wish, are expected to present their work as a poster, during 1 hour in each day (mid of each school day). Especially for students:
- There will be an award for the best student poster which will be announced during the last day (closing ceremony).
- We will support 10 students to participate to the school with 250€/student for partially covering their cost of participation. A letter from the student's supervisor should be submitted with the registration. We will announce the beneficiaries by July 18.
Travel support (250 euros) will be provided to:
Thomsen Bek Nikolai