Bus transfer to / from hotels / Univ of Crete:
The School will be held at the buildings of Computer Science Department at University of Crete (http://www.csd.uoc.gr/en/) in Heraklion.
The University Campus is located about 8 kilometers South-West of Heraklion center. The recommended way to come to the School from your hotel in Heraklion center is to take the Conference bus (free for the participants), departing at 09:00 a.m. sharp every morning during the school period except the first day that will leave at 08:00 a.m. sharp.
The bus departs from the Bus Stop (bus will have a label “SPCC15 ”) which is located next to the front entrance of Megaron Hotel (Efesou Street), a 5 minute walk from nearby hotels like Lato Hotel and Marin Dream Hotel, where most school participants are staying. It is one level below Epimenidou Street where Lato and Marin Dream are, you can use the stairs which take you from Epimenidou Street to Efesou Streed next to the Megaron Hotel.
The bus will also passes by another meeting point in Amoudara, where an other block of hotels (relatively cheaper and next to the sea) will be provided to the participants.
If you miss the above Conference buses, or if you want to come to the School at a different time, you have two options:
- Use a taxi. It will cost you approximately 15 Euro, and the driving time is approximately 20 minutes. You can call:
- Candia Taxi: 2810 361 362
- Icarus Taxi: 2810 211 212
- Hermes Taxi: 2810 210 210
- Use a public bus. The (one-way) ticket to the University Campus costs 1.5 Euro, and the bus takes about 30 minutes to reach the University campus area. Please consult with your hotel front desk for more information.
- UPDATE: Maps for reaching bus stops from your hotels.
- For the participants how dtay in Heraklion City center, please consult this map: Map of City Center with marked hotels and bus stops
- For the participants how stay in Ammoudara, please consult this map: Map of Ammoudara with marked hotels and bus stops
Participants who stay in hotels marked with RED circles should go to the corresponding RED (box) bus stop.
Participants who stay in hotels marked with GREEN circles should go to the corresponding GREEN (box) bus stop.
Participants who stay in hotels marked with both RED and GREEN circles should go to the bus stop of their convenience.
For any problems you may have please call +30-2810-393559 (Prof. Stylianou), +30-697-406-5563 (Mrs. Maria Koutsogiannaki), or +30-694-521-4480 (Dr. George Kafentzis).