Bus transfer to / from hotels / Univ of Crete:
The School will be held at the buildings of Computer Science Department at University of Crete (http://www.csd.uoc.gr/en/) in Heraklion.
The University Campus is located about 8 kilometers South-West of Heraklion center. The recommended way to come to the School
from your hotel in Heraklion center is to take the Conference bus (free for all participants),
departing at 09:15 a.m. sharp every morning during the school period except for the first day, when it will leave at 08:20 a.m. sharp.
The bus departs from the Bus Stop (bus will have a label “SPCC17” or similar) which is located next to the front entrance of Megaron Hotel (Efesou Street),
a 5 minute walk from nearby hotels like Lato Hotel and Marin Dream Hotel,
where some of the lecturers and participants stay. It is one level below Epimenidou Street where Lato and Marin Dream are, you can use the stairs which take you from Epimenidou
Street to Efesou Streed next to the Megaron Hotel.
If you miss the SPCC bus, or if you want to come to the Department at a different time, you have two options:
- Use a taxi. It will cost you approximately 12-15 Euro, and the driving time is approximately 20 minutes. You can call:
- Candia Taxi: 2810 361 362
- Icarus Taxi: 2810 211 212
- Hermes Taxi: 2810 210 210
- Use a public bus. The (one-way) ticket to the University Campus costs 1.5 Euro, and the bus takes about 30 minutes to reach the University campus area. Please consult with your hotel front desk for more information.