- Prof. Yannis Stylianou, University of Crete - Organizer
- Dr. George Kafentzis, University of Crete
- Irene Sisamaki, University of Crete
- Muhammed Shifas PV, University of Crete
2017 Speech Processing Courses in Crete
Towards Intelligible and Conversational Speech Synthesis Engines
24-28 July 2017 University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Bus transfer to / from hotels / Univ of Crete:
The School will be held at the buildings of Computer Science Department at University of Crete (http://www.csd.uoc.gr/en/) in Heraklion.
The University Campus is located about 8 kilometers South-West of Heraklion center. The recommended way to come to the School from your hotel in Heraklion center is to take the Conference bus (free for all participants), departing at 09:15 a.m. sharp every morning during the school period except for the first day, when it will leave at 08:20 a.m. sharp.
The bus departs from the Bus Stop (bus will have a label “SPCC17” or similar) which is located next to the front entrance of Megaron Hotel (Efesou Street), a 5 minute walk from nearby hotels like Lato Hotel and Marin Dream Hotel, where some of the lecturers and participants stay. It is one level below Epimenidou Street where Lato and Marin Dream are, you can use the stairs which take you from Epimenidou Street to Efesou Streed next to the Megaron Hotel.
If you miss the SPCC bus, or if you want to come to the Department at a different time, you have two options:
- Use a taxi. It will cost you approximately 12-15 Euro, and the driving time is approximately 20 minutes. You can call:
- Candia Taxi: 2810 361 362
- Icarus Taxi: 2810 211 212
- Hermes Taxi: 2810 210 210
- Use a public bus. The (one-way) ticket to the University Campus costs 1.5 Euro, and the bus takes about 30 minutes to reach the University campus area. Please consult with your hotel front desk for more information.
Maps for reaching bus stops from your hotels or apartments.
- For the participants who stay in Heraklion City center, please consult this map: Map of City Center with marked hotels and bus stops
- The bus will be at the KTEL Bus Terminal and will follow the blue-orange line depicted on the map
- The bus will make its first stop in front of the Natural History Museum
- For the participants who stay in Ammoudara, please consult this map: Map of Ammoudara with marked hotels and bus stops
- The bus will make its second stop in front of Vanisko Hotel
- The bus will make its third stop in front of Sun Hotel
- The bus will make its final stop in front of Handakas Hotel
For any problems you may have please call +30-2810-393559 (Prof. Stylianou) or +30-2810-393533 / + 30-6945-21-44-80 (Dr Kafentzis).